Monday, April 7, 2008

Things I Like Today by MAB

1. I saw the movie Secondhand Lions (Michael Caine, Robert Duvall, Haley Joel Osment) last night. I loved it. Perhaps it's sappy, but it's so very charming. I emailed my dad this morning and told him to watch it with Nedro.

(as far as what else I did this wkend, it wasn't much and I loved it...I spent too much time in front of the telly (I blame YOU Diff'rent Strokes marathon on BET! (as well as an overabundance of collected episodes of Inside the Actors Studio)), ate my weight in sushi, got some laundry done (3 loads of colors? it's about time!), cleaned the common areas of my apt, continued my bookcase search at the melrose trading post, celebrated egle's bday, found a midwest-style bar (complete with the WT!) in west LA (HARD TO DO!) and *hopefully* finished my laser hair removal treatments! WOO HOO!)

Ok back to Things I Like Today:

2. This letter Paul McCartney wrote about Linda on this the 10th anniv of her passing. Le sigh. Seriously. L-O-V-E. My favorite part is probably this description of her:

"When anybody came to the house and met her, they thought she was fantastic. She was just a great person to hang out with: very funny, very smart and very talented. She could just as easily talk to a local postman as a New York art dealer."

That's what I strive for, personality-wise.

3. The fact that SaveAyrn raised enough money for the Bust ad.

4. I have my first book club meeting tonight. I read "Fight Club" pretty quickly. Not sure what I have to say about it, really. (which is good I guess, since the first rule of the fight club is: you don't talk about the fight club.) I'm excited to see the movie (which I haven't before). I like Chuck Palahniuk's writing. I wish I would have known that before Sundance. The other crew interviewed him. Our audio girl hit it off so well with him that he recently sent her a box full of random trinkets and goodies (and confetti and glitter!!). It also included a necklace he made for her that features beads that spell out both of their names.

5. I worked the early shift at work today, so as long as I get my butt in gear and write this Taryn Manning story, I get to leave early.

6. I'm excited to see what book I get in the mail today. I ordered several different ones on Amazon as it makes me feel special to get packages in the mail. And it's like Christmas every day because I never know which one will arrive!

7. I'm looking forward to further exploring a couple of great idea/plans that I wrote down this weekend. More to come on the specifics of those...

8. The juxtaposition of fat jared vs skinny jared in my interview.

Ok. That is all. Because 1 - that is a lot to be happy about on a Monday morning and I feel I shouldn't press my luck (No Whammies! STOP!) and B - I REALLY gotta get this story written so I can get the h-e-double hockey sticks outta here early.

No comments: