Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Do Me a Solid

Juno was released on dvd today. I never hid how much I enjoyed this movie. Luckily I saw it before all the hype ruined it for everyone who said they didn't like it.

So I just watched it again. Post hype. Post Diablo-mania. Post everything. And you know what? I still loved it. I still laughed out loud (more than once!) and that says a lot when you're sitting alone on your couch with a box of Wheat Thins. My heart still broke at the appropriate times. And I still ended up crying.

My favorite exchange continues to be the following one between Juno and her dad. I think I like it so much because it sounds familiar, like a convo I would have with my dad.

Juno: I need to know that it's possible that two people can stay happy together forever.
Dad (a couple sentences later): In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you. The right person's still gonna think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kinda person worth stickin with.

Some might call it cheesy, but for me it's reminiscent of a similar convo I've had with my dad. In the kitchen of my apartment in San Diego. And I love that memory.

Bummer is my dvd is screwed up and won't play any of the extras...wunh wunh. I guess I'll have to ask around and see if that's a common problem.

No comments: