Monday, February 11, 2008

A lot of people ruin their lives to get in that book...

Subj line refers to my favoritest quote from "King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters." Which, by the way, I IMMENSELY enjoyed this weekend. It was the first of the Movies on the Moon Tower series. If you know me, you know I like the following:

1. fireworks
2. watching movies outside
3. phosphorescence
4. cake batter ice cream

The Moon Tower is the patio outside Casa del Sierra Bonita (where KDL and KBM live). They set up a projecter, and I can't tell you how amazing it was. I dare already call it "How I spent my summer vacation" (You know other than trips to the Caribbean, Bonnaroo, StL and wherever else I get the itch to go.)

We also watched Midnight Madness which is apparently the first live-action Disney movie. I like the idea of a city-wide scavenger hunt.

Friday I saw Audrey Tautou's latest movie Priceless. It was hard for me because you spend a good chunk of the movie not liking her, and that's difficult, but I guess the work of a good actress. It takes place in the French riviera which is always nice.

So I'm listening to the Ben Folds station I made on Pandora, and I'm super loving it because they rarely play other artists...it's just Ben over and over again. (My other stations mix things up more artist-wise.) When they do, it's Ben Kweller, or as is the case right now, Regina Spektor. Totes enjoyable.

Back to this weekend and the movies.

Sat morning I chillaxed to Mr. and Mrs. Smith. That movie is so hot and sexy and I love it. I also love how they used the Father of the Bride house. I also saw Rocket Science. It was a Sundance movie last year and just came out on dvd. I would say worth a rent.

Last night I hosted an intimate Michael Clayton viewing party. (gotta take advantage of the clean apt!) There was wine, there were cheese and crackers, and there was George Clooney looking super sexy in a long tie. After the movie, we tuned into the Grammys at apparently the worst part of the show (unless the whole thing sucked). Aretha was channeling the sun. It was not good. So we switched over to the BAFTA's. I think the producer must've been in love with DDL because they literally showed his face every two seconds. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I liked Sir Anthony Hopkin's speech. His optimism has increased ten fold since he told us life is effing shit last year at Sundance. I'm happy for him.

Ok, so I didn't JUST watch movies and award shows all weekend (PS Where was Ryry on E!'s Grammy carpet coverage??). I also cleaned my apt (except for the boudoir part), got a diagnosis on my computer, tried Pinkberry for the first time, did some laundry, and got my taxes done.

The government loves to punish single people for making good money. I super hate them for that. Because not only do I not get anything out of all those dollars, but neither does anyone who really needs them. For instance, the city of LA spent $25,000 to get Britney to the hospital the last time...some of those dollars were mine, and I do not approve of them being spent that way. Alas, there's nothing I can do about it.

Maybe I'll open an offshore bank account in the Grand Cayman while I'm there. I don't know the logistics of it, but it sounds fancy and I feel like people beat the man by doing it. I'd like to beat the man.

OH, and I made a superb photo essay of me finally getting a jar of pickled beets open. It was the breakthrough moment of the weekend. Unfortunately my computer is trying to break up with me and doesn't want to function properly, so I can't post those pictures yet.

Billy Joel's singing about how I've got a way. And I really need to write a story about "Charlie Bartlett." It opens Feb. 22. You should definitely see it. I saw it about a year ago and enjoyed it mucho. Mostly because I love drugs distributed for mental health wellness. I am not a Scientologist.

Speaking of movies coming out that you should see..."Definitely, Maybe" is in theaters Thurs (aka Valentine's Day). If you love love, or like Ryan Reynolds, Rachel Weisz or Isla Fisher, definitely check it out. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna see it again since I haven't seen it for a couple months. PS Straight boys gave it a thumbs up too. Like I said when I first saw it, it's what a rom-com is supposed to be.

No comments: