Monday, February 25, 2008

It was nice for you to meet me

Oh, out of the mouths of Brits...

I don't even know where to begin this catch-up. If only I were more diligent I wouldn't have to remember what I did 2 weeks ago.

I know it involved seeing Jason Segel's winkie in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and getting excited about my own upcoming beach trip. There was also the Cromeenes visit to LaLa land including a trip to Disneyland during which I realized what it's like to be an adult at a place like that. I also realized that the Finding Nemo ride is crap and nowhere near worth a 3 hour wait in line. Thank God for attractions like Space Mountain, Pirates and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I also drank at the Standard for Kevin's last day and at Lola's for Katie's bday.

This past week is was mostly work with a side of work. Night events were my abusive boyfriend Tues, Weds, Thurs and Fri. I did, however, get to meet Tim Curry, Kristin Chenowith, Reese Witherspoon, Christina Ricci, JJ Abrams, Allison Janney and others. So again, I can't complain too much.

As I was watching "The Prisoner or How I Planned to Kill Tony Blair," it dawned on me that in my occupation we often have communication problems but they're nowhere near as detrimental as similar communication problems that must occur within our military. Or say, in an operating room. Kinda puts things into perspective.

Other movies I've seen since last we spoke:

"I Could Never Be Your Woman." Dear Paul Rudd, you're like a box of Heavenscent Donuts. I want to lick all the goodness off of you. I also thought Saoirse Ronan was cute in this straight-to-dvd movie with her ditties about pop culture. Definitely worth a rent. I watched "Quiet City" because it was up for a Spirit Award and I hadn't seen it. It was interesting but slightly flawed at the same time. "This is England." I moved it up on my queue after it won the Bafta. It was pretty heartbreaking but not the most depressing movie I would see all week. "Dancer in the Dark" took that prize. I had been warned about it, and after watching it was told that IMDB actually says not to watch it alone. Good GOD do I know why. My mind couldn't even focus on SNL to escape enough to go to bed. Startling. Watch at your own risk.

No comments: