Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Update

Turns out there IS an apartment available in the building de mes reves. I stopped by yesterday and one of the tenants was watering plants. I inquired about the building owner and she told me they lived across the street. She also told me one of the units was being fixed up and was empty.

The owner's son gave me a tour of the apartment which is of course super cute. It's the back unit with its own entry. One shared wall. More than enough space (what would I do with a dining room?) and character (faux fireplace and built in shelves in the living room? but of course) to make me happy. The coup de grace? A mudroom off the kitchen with a washer and dryer...IN THE UNIT. Hello lover. Right?

The downside is there's no parking. (screeching brakes here) BUT an actual washer and dryer IN THE UNIT trumps a laundry room on premises. Could I deal with the no parking spot? It wouldn't be my favorite, but having my own laundry facilities would be.

As we walked out of the unit, I was like, alright...give it to me straight...how much? (Yes I asked this after I fell in love with the apartment because let's face it I'm already in love with the building so OF COURSE I'll be in love with the unit)...

$1800-$1850 is what he's thinking his mom is going to charge. Whathuh?? I mean it's super cute and I understand you just refinished the floors and painted and installed a washer and dryer but COME ON! There's not even parking!!

I obviously can't in good faith pay that much each month just to live somewhere. He was gonna double check with his mom and I'm supposed to call tomorrow, but obviously, hopes are kinda dashed.

So the search continues...luckily there were no mice outside my door this morning.

No comments: