Monday, May 5, 2008

Dear Blue Shield of California,

You guys are assh*les.

It's not bad enough that you rake me over the coals in return for the minimum amount of coverage.

But now you're just being mean.

Let me back up, I got a letter in the mail today. And I quote (this was in BOLD people!!!):

"Your birthday will move you into a new age category, and because medical risks generally rise with age, your plan rate will also increase."

SERIOUSLY? REALLY Blue Shield? If I was turning 60 (like my Unc Sam) or 65 (like my dad) I could understand getting a letter like this warning me of the potential/impending health problems that will occur now that I've reached this "new age category."

Is this like Disneyland changing the It's A Small World ride to accommodate "modern weights"?

What is going on here people???

For the record, I know younger people who live much riskier lifestyles.

The letter goes on to reiterate that the increase ($16 a month) is based only on your change in age. (they bolded that part too)

I get it. I'm getting older. I'm crossing a threshold of sorts. Get off my back.

--------------------
I'm listening to Sara Bareilles' "Many the Miles" and just identified with the following quote like whoa.

"Red letter day I'm in a blue mood wishing the blue would just carry me away"

Thank God for Mel & Rose and my recent discovery that they carry my Kinder goodness.

I'm going to straighten up a bit more and then go to bed and rest my tired old body. I'm surprised I'm still up. It being after 10 and all. Blue Shield would be proud.

No comments: