Thursday, May 15, 2008

mixing work and play

As you may or may not know, when I'm not blogging here, I'm getting paid to write/produce for a show called Dailies on a network called Reelzchannel. It's all about movies, dontcha know.

Ok, well I pitched (and was successful!) a weekly segment that is also sponsored (thanks Zyrtec!). It's called Cinewherever, and it's about watching movies in fun ways that don't involve the traditional movie theater.

I'm mentioning it now/again, because random people that I don't know read this blog for some reason, and maybe they have a suggestion. If you don't see your city on the list below, that means I don't know of a screening in your area. If YOU do, please comment me and pass along the info. You will be rewarded with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Oh! I forgot the best part! Today I further pitched that it should be ME that gets to go to these places. That idea also got approved. I won't be going to every single one, but I will definitely be hitting up the cities I wanna see (or the interesting screening setups). My boss said something about me being there being good for Reelz.

Ok, so here's the preliminary list.

LA (duh)
San Francisco
NYC
Seattle
St. Louis
Poughkeepsie, NY
Raleigh, NC
Boulder, CO
Washington DC
Chicago
Portland
Metropolis, IL
Dyersville, Iowa

PS If you DO see your city on the list and wanna know about the screening series in your area, lemme know and I will pass it on.

Alright...I gotta get back to it...full first ocean scuba experience regurgitation is forthcoming. I can't believe it's now 5h30 and I've been awake for 14 hours. That doesn't sound as bad as when it was 9h30a and I had already been up for 6 hours.

No comments: