Monday, June 9, 2008

Now We're Sharing the Same Dream...

June 3, 2008

20-10.

NDG gets today's gold star. She called the hotel and told them it was my bday. That led to a host of greetings and well wishes, as well as a note on my door, and a traditional rum baby bundt cake with two candles on the table in my room.

(I was on my snorkeling excursion when she called.)

The snorkeling excursion. Super fun. First time on a jet ski. The other couple was deaf which was interesting. We were able to communicate enough and the girl and I had tons of fun racing and criss-crossing and splashing the guys.

The guys were like, are you sure it's your first time? (That's what HE said!)

BTW, afterward I was walking with a hitch in my step, making my noviceness evident. (Note: I wasn't back to normal until probably Saturday night.)

Stingray City was fun. The stingrays were all sizes. Some incredibly huge. Held one and took some pictures.

We then snorkeled around the reef a bit. I had mask issues but other than that a great time.

After the snorkel trip, drove down to Georgetown (where the cruise ships come in). Walked around the craft market and streets. As usual, can't commit to buying anything yet.

Got back to the bday welcome mentioned before. Also got emails from Dad, Mom, and Melody and a call from Matthew.

Laid out for a couple hours before coming in to get ready for dinner.

My face is sunburned but everything else is fine so far. My lips seemed to have got the worst of it. The wine burned a lil bit.

So dinner. I got dressed up and went to the Lighthouse on the Breakers. Right choice. Not too crowded, so eating alone didn't really bother me. They gave me a table right on the water. I had yellow tail snapper with fried plaintains, rice and veggies. I cleaned my plate and emptied my glass of wine. I turned down dessert in lieu of the aforementioned baby bundt cake waiting at home.

Big scuba certification day tomorrow. I feel like the week is already flying by.

Barack Obama = Dem nominee. Wow.

Now that I got Gone With the Wind out of the way, tonight it's about Audrey and Paris. When it sizzles.

Oh TONS of iguana sightings today. So weird.

Weds., June 4, 2008

I LOVE Farmer Wants a Wife. My addiction lives on here in the Big GC. I'm so glad Amanda won the pie contest!

Today started with a postponement of the dive trip. She said something about the rain, but it was good because I'm still in so much pain from the jet skiing. Worse than riding a horse!

I made breakfast and then headed to Rum Point. Laying out. Reading in a hammock on the beach. Snorkeling. Repeat. Really great beach. (Note: turns out this would be my favorite one.)

Came back, took a shower and headed to Queen Elizabeth Botanical Gardens. The hike became too naturey for me when a snake slithered across the path and I kept hearing rustling. Seeing iguanas in the wild didn't freak me out tho.

Met some people from Spain. Adriana is the little girl in the pic with me. (pix to come) We kept each other company. (read as I tagged along with their group the rest of the way lest have to deal with another solo snake encounter.)

Came back and went snorkeling behind the inn. It was awesome. Lots of reef. At one point it was everywhere and I didn't feel like I could swim over it without touching it.

I was going to call today "the day the music died." my ipod quit working at rum point.

bad/sad because:

1. i depend on my ipod when laying out, sleeping in an unusual place, flying in an airplane
2. given the sad sitch that is my laptop, my ipods all i got musicwise right now.

It somehow came back to life. For now.

I seriously feel like my thighs, butt, and lower back are super bruised - from the inside. It's fine as long as I'm sitting or laying down, but any movement between positions KILLS. Luckily I feel ok in the water. My arms hurt too. I was really yanked around!

No comments: