Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Untitled

I couldn't think of a clever title for this blog. I'm not sure that bodes well for the rest of the content. We'll see how it goes.

I saw "Definitely, Maybe" last night. Really cute. My official quote was something like "what a romantic comedy ought to be." Except I don't think I used the word ought. I hope not anyway. This movie has good star power: Ryan Reynolds (hubba hubba), Derek Luke (humina humina), Rachel Weisz (love) and Isla Fisher (yay). They were all so enjoyable to watch. Abigail Breslin did really great up until this one part where I think she looked at the camera. I hated her from then on. (Luckily it was at the end.) The story was good, and did kinda keep you guessing. A straight guy/fellow reviewer also liked it. He said it made him kinda reflect on past relationships. It made me wish I was in a current relationship with either Ryan or Derek.

I won't lie, I had to get a strawberry shake about it.

Then I decided I need to have a strawberry shake taste test. Much like the Vodka Challenge 07. Except this time it would be Jack in the Box vs In 'n' Out.

Then I decided that if I'm serious about getting in shape and a healthier diet that I can't do things like have a shake taste test. I guess I'll have to stick with the vodka.

I got home and watched another movie with Rachel Weisz and Paul Rudd. It sucked. I don't even wanna remember the name.

I watched a movie today that's up for a Film Independent Spirit Award. It's called Starting Out in the Evening. It was heartbreaking. Which I think means good in this case. More heartbreaking is that its up for best screenplay against Diablo. I can't vote against Diablo. Just like I can't vote against Once. Picking favorites is hard.

I got a Blackberry today. For work from work. I've never had one before, and since I always just pick the free and basic (no bells or whistles) cell phone, I felt like a grandma learning how to work it. It's cute tho.

I found out work won't be sending me to South by Southwest again this year. I think I might just go on my own. I wanna go to Austin anyway, and let's face it, I'll be more comfortable if I can walk the streets with celebrities. A couple of my fave music people are playing too, so it's a win-win.

I'm seeing another Sundance movie tonight. It's called "Just Another Love Story." The poster looks like the cover of a Harlequin novel, so hopefully I'm in for some dirty lovin.

Got lots to do before I leave for Sundance a week from today. Mostly cleaning and laundry and last minute shopping. Ugh.

I hope my boots arrive today. They're super cute and I may or may not have purchased them largely because their style name is "Bugaboot."


I leave you with this.

No comments: