Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Put Me in Your Pocket

The subj line refers to a quote from "The Philadelphia Story." It's a marvelous movie starring Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn and Jimmy Stewart (I KNOW! All in the same place!) I just saw it for the first time (thank you AFI's top 100) and loved it. Like leurved it loved it. Like it's right up there with "Roman Holiday." My other favorite line from it:

"The time to make up your mind about people is never."

I also forgot to mention that I saw Charlize Theron's "Sleepwalking" the other day. I didn't mention it because it's not worth talking about. I told G we would rock, paper, scissors to see who has to do those interviews at Sundance.

Last night I saw "In Bruges." I liked it because I've been to Bruges and I like to see places I've been on the big screen. Especially when I have good memories from those places. I'm still not sure what I thought about it otherwise, tho. I'm pretty sure I liked it. I laughed. But not as much as a couple of other people in the screening. At one point one of the guys was literally rolling on the floor laughing. I kid you not. At a press screening. I laughed more at him than the movie.

After the screening, I headed over to the hotel cafe to catch Schuyler Fisk's set. She and Joshua Radin were two of those people last year at Sundance that we saw literally every day. I also interviewed them for a story. She's changed her tune a little bit with her new stuff and I like it. It's a little bit country, a little bit rock 'n' roll, and in the case of one song, a little bit racy (but in a totally girl-next-door kinda way). Another highlight of the night was seeing Gary Jules at the bar. A mad, mad world indeed.

I have enlisted the help of a travel agent for the "Life is Beachy When You're 30" excursion I'm planning. He found this. I love the idea of Grand Cayman, and a nonchain property set away from the touristy part of the island is perfect, but WHERE IS MY HAMMOCK?! The search continues...but I'm in contact with the innkeepers. Apparently I've selected a good time of year to go to the area, as it's apparently not peak season, but now I'm wondering if that means it's hurricane season. I don't wanna find out yet.

I'm still not done packing, but I stocked up on some essentials last night. EmergenC, Airborne, Throat Coat tea, Vitamin B (the super version for energy and immunity)...fun stuff. I told the team I got the same flavor of EmergenC and Airborne so that we can tag team them. Otherwise we're just going to be drinking crap all day. And we don't have time for bathroom breaks.

No comments: