Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What She's Doing Now

In the past week I:

1. hosted Day Old Bachelor, which means I cooked dinner for myself and two friends.
2. was declared cavity free, but was told my gums are receding on one side due to overbrushing.
3. broadened my career search past tv production.
4. hit the town at 10p for the first time in probably (likely) years...lasted til maybe 2a...
5. celebrated a friend's bday at Disneyland.
6. ate Sonic...and reaffirmed that my body refuses to accept fast food as an option.
7. watched a lot of Family Guy.
8. saw a tranny walking to church and regretted not being appropriately dressed so that I could follow her.
9. saw the movie The Class and didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to.
10. had one of the best celebrity sightings ever...Paul Dooley (the dad from Sixteen Candles!!!)
11. respected NDG's wishes that I not run up and hug him from behind whilst quoting the movie.
12. experienced KDL's homemade pot pie and cleaned my plate.
13. laid in bed and listened to the rain.
14. laid in bed dreading to get out of bed because of how cold my apt is/was/might always be.
15. applied for a lot of random jobs. second asst to executive? sure. foundation writer? natch.
16. covered a story about Osama bin Laden for an India-n news network. (it's called freelance!)
17. tried Tagalong ice cream. Yes please.
18. watched Heavenly Creatures, Chop Shop and Shattered Glass. Enjoyed all three.
19. continued reading Julie & Julia and wondered what's taking me so long to finish it.
20. made a batch of 4-dozen cookies (oatmeal craisin with the occasional chocolate chip) that garnered more kudos at work than any story I've written.

I probably did other stuff but it was probably more mundane. My dentist has suggested a Sonicare to curb my vigorous brushing. This week I have a couple of screenings I'm excited about (Adventureland and Sunshine Cleaning). I'm also covering the Film Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday. Fingers crossed that I at least see Zach Braff running down the carpet again this year.

No comments: