Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's Been a Week

What I've been up to since last I posted.

1. I interviewed Clint Eastwood. At the Changeling premiere. I hadn't seen the movie yet but I had read a fabulous LA Times piece about it. I loved that piece so much I emailed the reporter about it. It's because of her that I asked Clint intelligent questions that he appreciated.

2. I ate here. Halibut steak with a side of wine and sweet potato fries? Yes please.

3. I saw Changeling. I was glad I had read the background and knew about the story. I was glad I had met all the men in the cast and knew that in real life, they were really nice guys. It's a fantastic and amazing story, and one we almost didn't hear. Christine Collins gets the kudos on this one.

4. I took a 9.5 mile bike ride in Santa Monica. The ride included a trip to the farmer's market, a beachside view, and great time with friends. I more than once exclaimed "I feel like we're little kids riding around the neighborhood!" But let me emphasize to you that I am not a workout person. I need to be. I keep saying I'm going to get a bike, I just don't know which one to get. A cruiser or a multi speed? I rode a 3 speed cruiser and kept it on the same speed the whole time. What does that mean?? I enjoyed the ride tho. Hopefully I'll enjoy the Intro to Pilates just as much.

5. I saw the Dave Brubeck quartet perform at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. I love the Walt Disney Concert Hall. The acoustics are the best I've ever heard. This was my second concert there and I can't wait to return for a Chamber performance. That's right, I'm 80. Well maybe I'm not, but Dave is. Over 80 in fact. And as I was shaking his frail hand backstage, I marveled at the fact that a man who could barely walk to the piano could play it so magically and nimbly. I was not used to seeing jazz performed in such a large venue, but I got used to it, got into it, and enjoyed myself immensely.

6. I interviewed Ron Howard. And Ben Stiller. And the guy who is going to play Edward Cullen in the Twilight movie. They weren't the only ones, but it was the Hollywood Film Awards carpet and it was crazy and they were the names you would recognize of the peeps I talked to.

I'm not sure what I've done since then (aside from getting a lot of random bug bites on a daily basis). My Ireland trip is as planned as I plan such jaunts. I do need to still reserve a rental. I drove on the wrong side of the road and dealt with roundabouts in Grand Cayman, so I'm not worried about that. I am slightly worried about operating a stick shift with my left hand, as manual transmissions are like $100 cheaper. Since I know how to drive a manual, I should take advantage of the talent and save a few bucks.

It rained today in LA and Corey Haim got engaged. I'm pretty sure that means the apocalypse is near.

I'm on my way out the door for the kickoff of the AFI fest. I'm happy to know that my cleaning lady came today and everything will be so fresh and so clean clean when I get home. I don't have any Halloween plans. I go back and forth as to whether I'm ok with that. I do enjoy a good Halloween party, and loved attending the WeHo celebration a few years back, but it's pretty late in the game to come up with a costume and make plans, so chances are I'll make it a Netflix night.

That was just the longest run-on sentence ever.

I wish I was a little kid and could trick or treat. But not the kind of trick or treating where it's cold and sleeting and you have to wear a coat over your costume so it really doesn't matter what you're dressed up as anyway.

The end.

No comments: