Friday, October 31, 2008

A Brand New Day

Last night, as I laid in bed lamenting my lackluster evening on the red carpet (it does happen) and trying in vain to get some sleep before coming back into work at 7 this morning, I had an epiphany.

One day this past June, I sat on the floor of the Caribbean. And not only did I sit there, 60 some odd feet from the surface, but I took off my mask (not once, but twice!). It was my least favorite part of scuba training (as you can imagine) but I was successful at taking it off, not panicking (too bad!) or dying, and replacing it. All too often I feel like I forget my own strength. I appreciated the memory that (like many of mine lately) was a little too easy to forget.

As I said, I came into work early this morning. The drowsy drive to work ended up being worth it tho as I turned my car to face east, right into a beautifully vibrant cloudy sunrise. ROYGBIV. It seemed every color of the rainbow spread over downtown like a spider web (pls forgive the Halloween-themed analogy). The red orange and yellow creeped over the horizon so brightly that I briefly wondered if the entire Eastern half of the state might be on fire.

I just purchased my tix to go home for the holidays. "Purchased" meaning "used frequent flier miles." The tix were gonna be way expensive. Luckily I had the miles. So note to StLans...I'll be in from Dec 19-28...done and done.

I didn't realize I was feeling this way until Pandora told me I was. That bizatch is smart.

1 comment:

Laurie Lou said...

Yay! There's a good chance I might find out what i'm having while you're in town!