Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's a Beach! It's a Baby!

From Rachel and Ryan to Gwen and Gavin...basically I like couples who embrace alliteration. Anywho, Gwen finally had that baby. And that baby has a name. And that name is a beach.

Zuma Nesta Rock. (the zuma is the beach part. it's in the 'bu.)

It's a boy in case you were wondering.

If he looks anything like his big bro Kingston, he'll rock the world with that name.

I'm not here to make fun of baby names because one day I'll have a baby and people might make fun of its name.

True story. I have had dinner with the girl who is now the Stefani-Rossdale's nanny. Truer story I offended her with my anti Scientology convo (she was at the time, but is no longer, a scientologist). Truest story I couldn't be more jealous of her gig.

As far as last night goes...

Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist. Loved the book. Liked the movie. One of my favorite parts of the book wasn't in the movie and that bummed me out. They strayed away from the book quite a bit I feel like, but several lines or happenings were similar. Michael Cera was great and the soundtrack? AWESOME.

When I got home I popped in "Hello Dolly!" into the old dvd player. It had been a rough day and, well, Hello Dolly worked to put Wall-E in a better mood so I thought, why not try it? I won't lie, it kinda worked. Oh Walter Matthau.

I actually used the quote: "Money, pardon the expression, is like manure. It's not worth a thing unless it's spread around, encouraging young things to grow" in conversation today here at work.

In fact, I was gonna call this post "Puttin' On My Sunday Clothes," but then Gwen had the baby and today got a bit brighter.

SO that's where I'm at...trying to organize my Outside Lands wkend concert schedule (yes please to SF!), trying to get a little work done, trying to pretend like tomorrow isn't our host's last day...

Tonight...another screening...Rocknrolla. I've heard "action movie" and "Guy Ritchie." Hmmm.

No comments: