Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sometimes...

It's like Rosie Thomas is in my head. Even when I'm not in that place where I sometimes go.

For the second day in a row, her song "Sell All My Things" has come up randomly on Pandora.(and no, not on a "Rosie Thomas - Sell All My Things" channel!!)

Here are the lyrics:

In a little while I'll feel better
Gonna travel around the world
Gonna see it all...

Gonna go to Paris, maybe Rome
But I'll feel better miles away from home,
Gotta figure some things out...

So sell all my things, I'm not coming home...
There's nothing there to keep me there...
Just heartache and headache and worries and things that'll bring me down
My head feels much clearer being here

In a little while I'll feel better
Gonna spill my heart to every stranger in every town
I'll visit castles in Ireland, have some fella play the violin and play a song for me...

So sell all my things, I'm not coming home...
There's nothing there to keep me there...
Just heartache and panic and worries and things that'll bring me down
My head feels much clearer being here.

Again, I'm not in that place right this second, but I definitely vacation there. And that part about castles and violins in Ireland? Well I'll be there in a couple weeks.

I'm also still very much enjoying Tunde. Mostly for the couplet "Never put her roots down, Daddy always kept movin, so she did too." But also because I love that part of the movie.

---------------------------------

Congrats to my Cousin Amanda and her husband Bill who are doing an AMAZING thing for FOUR kids. They're adopting them!! Three of the four are birth siblings and able to stay together because of the generosity of A & B. Way to go, you guys!

No comments: