Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Irish Eyes Are Smiling

I leave for Ireland two weeks from today. TWO WEEKS. That's crazy! I need more sweaters! scarves! a new coat? I figure I'm just getting my Sundance shopping done early.

I'm only going to be there for 3 days really when you figure in the flying times and stuff. But I have quite a few things I want to see and do while there.

1.

Swell Season. In a church. The reason I'm embarking on this random cross-Atlantic adventure.
2. The Cliffs of Moher. I like pretty things.

3. Bunratty Castle Medieval Banquet. I'm not usually into the whole "hanging out with a whole bunch of other tourists" thing, but this sounds fun.

4. Angela's Ashes Walking Tour. I like sad things.

5.

Buskers? Yes please. Pints and good Irish brogue convo? Done and done.

So yeah, I'm planning to stick to the west coast...Shannon, Limerick, County Clare...I'll save Dublin for another time. I'm staying at a quaint B & B and still trying to figure out how I'm going to stomach a multi-course homemade breakfast.

No comments: