Saturday, July 26, 2008

Playing house

It's Day 3 in the StL.

I got in Wednesday night. Within about an hour Hunter had puked and Jett had peed in my hand during a diaper change and spit up on my feet. Yum-O! Then the fun really began.

Jett had given Melody a tough time the three nights before then, keeping her up from 1a to 5a. So I took him for Weds night and he slept like a dream. Like a seven hour stretch with one meal break in the middle. It was pretty magical. We were all excited thinking I had some kind of magic touch.

Two nights later...Jett's all about hanging out night owl style. The good news is he's not screaming, but he likes to be held and talked to and is really alert. Needless to say we really enjoyed Lifetime's Golden Girls marathon. RIP Sophia. Melody and I have been trading off duties and after talking this morning we realized Jett probably slept about 3 hours last night.

Hunter was diagnosed yesterday with strep throat, so we've kind of been in quarantine mode. I'm happy to be here to help Melody and Josh.

Josh went back to work yesterday so I took over cooking duties. We had scrambled eggs for bfast and fried egg sandwiches for dinner. Per Melody's request, but eggs are also one of my strong suits.

Since we've stayed in since I got here, I've only seen my parents and my brother, who stopped by on his way to work. I've talked to my other sister and Grandma tho. In 20 minutes Hunter will have been on his antibiotic for 24 hours and will no longer be contagious. We're all excited about that and will be headed over to my parents for a bbq later today.

I forget how much I'm not used to weather. It's been dreary every day. A couple of shines of sunlight yesterday and so far today. Lots of rolling thunder and rain and lightning. I like to sleep during thunderstorms but little kids - and apparently babies - don't really enjoy it ver much. So yeah, I'd like some sunshine.

Right now everyone's taking naps. I'm gonna finish this up and go whip up some deviled eggs and continue working on the laundry. It only sounds like a lot. Josh has been king of domestication and has really set the bar high for any potential baby daddys I entertain.

No comments: