Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Miss Paris and Other Thinks I Am Thinking

When I say miss Paris, I mean I've been looking at my pictures and remembering the good times and trying to figure out when I can go back and who I can beg to go with me. Because altho I love Paris, I love it BETTER when I'm not there alone.

Speaking of...(in a roundabout way)...as I am back on the hunt for what will be like my 7th Netflix address in Los Angeles, I've discovered something. My list for what I'm looking for in an apartment has grown to a length longer than my list of desires in a potential manfriend.

Apartment:

1. offstreet parking.
2. laundry (onsite if not in the unit)
3. hardwood floors (preferably dark)
4. upper floor (read as nobody living above me)
5. strongly prefer my own entrance to the outside. no more stinky hallways.
6. character
7. less than $1500 a month (yes I realize how disgusting this number is to anyone not living in LA or NYC)
8. I have a specific neighborhood in mind, a 2 mile radius that I will only go outside of in the case that I find THE ONE in one of my other 3 possible, but slightly less desirable neighborhoods.
9. gas stove
10. finally, I know it's superficial, but I really hate doors on a shower/tub combo.

The other thing is that in order for me to feel good about an apartment, I have to take some time with it and soak it up and (hopefully) get that "this is it!" feeling. If not immediately upon entry, definitely after sitting on the floor of the living room for a few minutes post walk through. Sometimes I have to bring a friend in for a second opinion or call my dad and describe everything in detail until he (or the friend) gives me the push I need to sign that little piece of paper. Leases...ugh. I mean, you have to be sure about these things. You're gonna LIVE there.

I can only imagine what it's going to be like when the special magical time arrives that I encounter my first house hunt. Like for a real house where a mortgage is involved. God bless that real estate agent in advance.

PS I know it sounds like I'm asking for a lot, but my last apartment had all of those things. Unfortunately it also had a lot of drafty windows and no heat. But it looked good.

So the list of qualities in a manfriend:

1. Make me laugh.
2. Be intellectually stimulating.
3. Be creative.
4. Love God.
5. Like kids.
6. Love me. In a way that would make it impossible for you to look me in the face and lie.

That about covers it. I could throw in things like "nice smile," "good arms," and "preferably able to play more than one musical instrument," and that would still not be as many things as I'm looking for in an apartment.

Now if only I could find an online service that somehow combines searching for available men and vacant apartments, I'd be set. Well I mean besides craigslist...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need more posts! I can't live vicariously through you if I don't hear about your life for a month!