Monday, May 25, 2009

"Daddy I Don't Want You to Leave Anymore"

(if you don't watch Jon and Kate Plus 8 just skip this post...I'll work on another one for you soon.)

I know I haven't blogged in a while, and I have mentally blogged several times and not written them down. Which sucks. Because then we would all be caught up.

But we're not because I didn't and here I was watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 having chest pains. I decided to document the changes/difference I kept noticing because I'm sitting here watching it and dissecting it by myself.

1. Separate diary entries. Like they can't even stand to be in the same room.
2. Him continuing to say he didn't cheat. Maybe he didn't...
3. Her palpable anger. Because she doesn't care what he says, she "knows what she knows" (my words inferred from her actions, not hers)
4. Jon wanting a wkend off.
5. Kate yelling at the kids when they tried to interrupt her camera time.
6. The room of girls watching tv. I just feel like that would have never happened before.
7. How fixed up Kate was every time she left the house. Heels and all. It's a marked difference.
8. Jon's sports car.
9. The interaction/lack thereof between Jon and Kate when Jon first got there. I all but yelled at the screen when she so blatantly ignored him.
10.The way Kate calls Jon "him" and he calls Kate "her."
11. Kate wearing sunglasses on the cloudy day as she lamented about the paps.
12. Kate's increased interaction and reference to the filming.
13. Kate's overall "putting on a show" attitude. Keep in mind. I've watched this show since it was an hourlong special and have defended her in the past when others hated her. (Just to put it in perspective of how it's even too much for ME now...)
14. The only diary entry when they were on the couch together. Break.my.heart.

PS I was thinking it could be your last family picture too Kate...

Where did the female field producer go? It was a guy asking questions this time...

Do I want to know how it ends up? Sure. But do I more importantly think they should stop the show and take care of what they need to take care of? MOST DEFINITELY.

They think they're doing what's best for the kids...But you know what? I can't almost guarantee those kids will remember all this crap and awkwardness and the bad looks and harsh/hurtful words.

My mom thinks it's fake and all for ratings. I feel like I have such a history of watching them that I would have seen that coming. And Kate said tonight they've been having more problems in the last six months (like what, right after the vow renewal??)...I can't imagine ruining your family for ratings, but I also have a feeling they wouldn't be where they are (marital problem wise) if the show didn't exist...but maybe they might. Maybe those issues would have reared their ugly heads anyway. I mean I get the whole people changing part and if you don't change in a way that's compatible...DUNH DUNH DUNH.

Oh marriage. Just when I had a glimmer of something and thought you couldn't get less attractive...maybe the Here Come the Newlyweds reality show will help. Haha..

2 comments:

Nicole D. said...

Oh good Lord.
That was my very first full episode of the show and I was even crying.

Jill said...

I feel embarrassed by how bothered I am by their marital problems.