Thursday, April 2, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude...

Keeping you on your toes posting back and forth, but I figure since the other blog should be strictly about traveling that this entry belongs on this blog.

I admittedly do not do well under stress. The past couple of weeks have been extremely stressful sending me into crisis mode. Shocker here: I don't do well in crises either.

So I'd like to give a "shout out" to the people that got me through those last moments. Cleaning, packing, laughing, bitching, listening, witnessing, crying, etc. I know it wasn't easy all the time. Or any of the time. But I appreciated it all.

Dad, Nicole, Melody, Patrick, Barb, Katherine, Kait, the one mover from Delancey whose name I can't remember but whose words meant a lot...seriously, thanks.

I realize other people also listened to bitching and stuff but these peeps kept my head out of the oven and feet on the balcony. However I appreciate and am grateful to everyone. You included.

Nicole also took an amazing picture of us in crazy cleaning mode. In light of this blog thanking her, I hope that she posts it somewhere, maybe Facebook, or maybe just in an email sent to my gmail. Love you mean it.

I also loved the mix tapes, snacks and Japanese charms given to make my roadtrip more enjoyable.

While I'm thanking people, I might as well thank in advance those people who have opened their homes to me as I journey through the western US...

Tara (who is also sending me off with a Barack book (the Dreams of My Father one) on tape so his smooth voice can guide my path), Elena, Heidi, Jill, Elliot's friends in Bozeman (?), and probably a Motel 6 somewhere between South Dakota and Nebraska. Thank youse toose.

No comments: