Wednesday, April 15, 2009

All This Time

I've just spent way too long reading my own archives, remembering my old life, and missing it. A lot. My job. My celebrities. My town.

I had a terrific day here today. I spent it with my grandma who, hands down, is one of the best friends I have. We both enjoyed a day of shopping and talking and walking around.

I'm upset that I don't have any movies or concerts or anything to talk about. True, I have three Netflix movies waiting to be watched, and I'd like to see a couple at the theater...but I'm still waiting for my unemployment check to show up so I have to kinda put a pause on the whole extracurricular activities thing.

Such a different life for me right now. And I'm not necessarily freaked out about the job situation. I know it's tough times and I know that I'll get another job. And I'm having fun with family, hanging with my gma, playing with the kids. I'm going to get the opportunity to visit with some old friends in the coming days and I'm looking forward to that too. I guess it's all just an adjustment.

Speaking of adjustments. I'm currently reading The Sisters Antipodes. It's the true story of two diplomats who after falling in love with each other's wives SWITCH FAMILIES. The memoir - it's a true story - is written by one of the four children involved, who was 4 when the switch went down. Crazy.

Going to head to the Jewel Box tomorrow. I love me some Forest Park.

No comments: